List Manager Forum

List Manager: Issue with Search on concatenated field

Usuario rvwill48 2024-05-09 12:17:16

The search based on a concatenated field doesn't work when the search type is set to 'Exact'. It reports 'No Result' even when the search value entered matches exactly a value in the database column. Here's my scenario...
I have three fields: Forename, Surname and Full_Name.
Full_Name is a calculated/concatenated field using the formula: concat(`firstnames`,' ',`surname`)
If I set the search type to 'Broad' the search dislays matched records on either the Forename or the Surname (as expected) but if I set the search type to 'Exact' it fails to find/display any.
So if I search for my name: Richard Williams it doesn't match/display it, so the issue appears to be something to do with matching the space character between the two words.
Thanks,
Richard

Usuario rvwill48 2024-05-09 21:01:02

Update: If I replace the concatenate character with any other character to replace the space character then the ListManager Search function works properly.
Please can you fix this issue.
Thanks
Richard

Moonsoft support 2024-05-10 10:07:07

Hi,
with the search using several words we have almost as many use cases as different users, because some systems require to search splitting the words in advance, and then launch a 'broad' or 'exact' search for each of the words, some others want to search the entire phrase being typed . . . so we've finally decided to include a new setting called 'split words' in order to cover most cases. If you download latest version and upgrade you will find it under the 'display' settings, enabled by default. For your case, please try to set it to 'No', and then configure your field search as 'exact'. That way you should be able to find 'Richard Williams' at your calculated column.

Hope this helps, best regards
Guillermo V.
Moonsoft Team

Usuario rvwill48 2024-05-10 10:40:26

Hi,
That works really well, thank you so much for your help.
Regards,
Richard

Moonsoft support 2024-05-10 10:51:57

That's great, we close the ticket with this solution, please open a new one in case you have any other question.

Thanks, best regards
Guillermo V.
Moonsoft Team

CalcBuilder

Create dynamic calculators

Buy now!
Support/development

Perfect for small code changes or to correct any bug at your site

Buy now!