Skip to main content
CalcBuilder logo
CalcBuilder Forum

PDF Output

User nashm

I am trying to format my PDF on a single page where input is on the left side and the output is on the right side of the page (two columns). My output is table and, no matter what i try, it is always aligned on the left side of the page. I tried with divs and all sorts of HTML alignment, but no success. Also, I would like to change fonts on PDF. How can I do this?

Moonsoft support

Hi,
we assume you're including both input and output using default layout at the print preferences setting? If so, you can try to create a new layout at this section, including all needed information at any of the free content fields, for ex: inside 'html before calc results', you can include a table with a couple of columns there, and copy your form layout and your output section html inside.

Regarding fonts or other styles, the library allows to use a wide set of inline styles, for ex:

div style="font-size: 10pt;"

that you can use to give a better format to your pdf. We share a link to the official docs of the library so you can check all options available, please let us know if you need further help with this:

https://mpdf.github.io/html-support/html-attributes.html


Regards

User nashm

Thank you, putting inputs and outputs in a table worked perfectly! I have a problem now, though - pdf shows in Chrome and Firefox (will not open in IE), but if I want to download it or "save as" (Chrome), it will give me a "network error". In Firefox, I can download it but I have to give it .pdf extension manually, so I can open it. File name that shows in the browser is actually name of my menu item, and I noticed there is no .pdf in filename. What would be the problem here?

Moonsoft support

Hi,
the download process depends on each browser configuration, for ex the chrome message means you have somehow blocked some downloads:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/7XBU6g6_Ktc

if we try with firefox here we get a .pdf download at the filename, so we suggest to check if is also a browser issue trying the demo calculator here:

http://demo.moonsoft.es/demo25/index.php/calcbuilder

the last one (inline results) show a pdf to download. Please let us know if you get a different result there.

We look forward your feedback about the test.

Thanks, regards

User nashm

Thank you! Yes it must be something with my browsers, as your demo calculator behaves exactly the same way as my calculator. I will try to fix it & publish results if I figure it out! Thanks again!

...
CalcBuilder

Create dynamic calculators

Buy now!
...
Support/development 40 hours

With the peace of mind of having a professional team at your service (20% discount)

Buy now!